Friday, July 13, 2012

Who Am I?

          So, I'm sitting here on the couch wondering what to write for my very first post, and all I can think about is how can I possibly get everything I'm thinking and feeling into this blog? Its almost overwhelming. There is so much I would like to talk about and I'm not quite sure where to start. This journey that I'm on is newly begun. I've felt pretty confident in who I am as a person for the past few years of my life, but lately that has very much been shaken to the core. And now I find myself questioning that very foundation that has been my rock for so long. Who am I, who is God and why I'm still here? Now, those might seem like vague questions, but I assure you, for me they're so much deeper than that. 
           I'm sure I'm not the only young adult to have questions or feel lost in the chaos of this world, nor do I expect to be the last. But I feel that if we can't talk about it then we are only allowing future generations to feel the same way we do. So, I'm gonna talk about it. Talk about my fears, my failures, my anger, my deep, dark pain, my klutziness, my joy, my hope, and my faith. It might get depressing, it might get emotional, it might even get boring. I don't know, but I believe that I'm not the only one who feels these things. I have to believe that, otherwise I think its safe to say I would go insane. 
          Thank you for being brave and joining me on this journey. If nothing else, I'm sure you'll get some laughs along the way :) 




~ Devin
          
          

1 comment:

  1. Devin, I am so excited you have started a blog and I look forward to reading your heart. You are such a blessing to me and I know you will bless many! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete